It is important first and foremost to recognize the kind of cold stress that you’ll be facing this winter. Cold stress simply put is: the body’s inability to warm itself. Once the stress level gets too high, it becomes difficult to maintain a proper internal body temperature and makes it much more difficult for you to complete the task at hand. There are two main types of cold stress:
- Hypothermia: This happens when the body’s core temperature drops below 95° Hypothermia can also occur when the body is exposed to moisture, whether from rain or sweat and the temperature is above 40°F.
- Frostbite: This type of cold stress results in the freezing of the skin and tissues of extremities and can lead to permanent damage.
Of course, you’ll want to make sure that your entire body is protected properly from the cold weather, but here at Your Glove Source, we are most concerned with making sure that your hands are adequately protected. Since your hands and fingers are extremities, they can be prone to frostbite in extreme conditions if they are not properly protected.
These are some of our favorite cold weather work gloves:
- Maxidry Liquid Repellant Glove with Thermal Lining: This is an awesome glove! It offers thermal resistance to temperatures as low as 14°F and has a coating that allows the glove to remain flexible in extreme temperatures as low as -22°F! It is an ultra-lightweight glove with a knitted lining to keep your hands warm and dry.
- Ice Gripster Dipped Thermal Insulated Cold Condition Glove: These new gloves are super warm due to their double layer nylon and terry cloth shell. They have a ¾ foam PVC dip which offers superb grip in cold, icy conditions, while remaining flexible.
- PowerGrab Dipped Thermal Insulated Hi Vis Glove: These gloves are super warm and super comfortable. They feature a soft inner lining that gives a comfortable, snug fit. It also has a ¾ latex MicroFinish coating that gives you an excellent grip in cold conditions while also maintaining flexibility.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Cold Condition Work Gloves, Glove Protection, PPE, Waterproof Gloves, Winter Work Gloves, Work Gloves