After a long, cold winter, many of us are eagerly awaiting the warmth of summer. But, when it comes to continuing work in the hot months, how do you remain cool and comfortable? We’ve gathered a few helpful tips and lined up some of our favorite products to help you beat the heat.
- Learn the Shade Schedule: When you’re working outside all day, you can learn to take note of how the shade moves across your work space. This way, you can try to plan your tasks according to the shade schedule, you will be able to work smarter and avoid working in the most intense heat of the day.
- Dress Properly: Nowadays, there are many companies that have created clothing that is specifically designed for keeping you cool in hot weather. There are hats, long sleeve shirts, and pants. These pieces of clothing are engineered out of material that will help wick moisture from your body and keep you cool in the sun.
- Use Cooling Products: There are a variety of products on the market that are similar to handkerchiefs that you can soak in cold water or freeze ahead of time, and then wear them around your neck when you get hot for a quick cool down.
- Hydrate: During the hot summer months, you need to increase your water intake. Always keep water on hand at your worksite so that you can stay hydrated and healthy throughout the day.
- Find Lightweight Work Gloves: You can’t neglect your hand protection even when it gets hot, so find yourself a pair of work gloves that are breathable and lightweight, but still offer adequate protection for the work you do on a daily basis.