Winter Car Kit Basics
- Ice Scraper & Snow Brush: It is probably one of the most important things you could put in your car for the winter. A sturdy plastic scraper with a brush will help you to properly clean your car before driving and ensure a safe drive.
- Blankets: If you’ve got some extra blankets lying around, throw a couple in your trunk. You may not always be able to rely on your car’s heater, and you’ll want to be able to stay warm.
- Salt, Sand, or Kitty Litter: If you get stuck in an icy patch, one of these items will help you add some traction to get out of your slippery situation.
- Jumper Cables: No matter the weather these are super important to have on hand.
- Water & Non-perishable snacks: In the unfortunate event that you get stranded for an extended period of time, you’ll want to have some supplies to tide you over.
Winter Car Kit Gloves
We recommend keeping three different types of gloves in your car during the winter. A lightweight work glove can come in handy for the times you have to change a tire on the side of the road or repair some minor mechanical issues that require you to have dexterity.
Keep a box of disposable gloves on hand for messy tasks that come up, such as dealing with car oil or gas, or cleaning up messes from human or animal passengers.
You’ll want to keep a pair of warm insulated work gloves in your car for the times when you’ve really got to get out in the cold to put on snow chains, scrape ice off your car, or even dig yourself out of piled up snow.
Don’t get caught out in the cold! Prepare your winter car kit today!